Saturday, January 29, 2011

Upon Turning 45

45 ....this was once an age that I considered to be old and I am not even sure that I ever thought about what life would be like at this age. I have said before that from a meta cognitive point I have often thought about my own dad while I have been making my way as a father because Jacob and I are the same age apart as my father and I and I am also almost the same age my father was when I was Jacob's age! This has provided many interesting moments for self examination. But we will safe those for another day.

Today I am more interested in turning 45. Turning 45 means that I have been alive in the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, 00's, and 10's. I have also lived in two centuries and 2 millenniums. I have also been alive for 16.436 days. I have seen our space program put a man on the moon, build the sky lab, fly many space shuttle missions, and build the international space station. I have lived through Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush Clinton Bush and Obama as president. I have seen the transformation of technology from computers that took up entire rooms to the Ipod and Ipad....from the party line telephone to a telephone clipped to your ear.....I have seen gas prices go from 32 cents a gallon to $4.40 a gallon. And I have lived to see the days in which evil has come to be called good and good...evil.

But in the end it has been a great ride and the biggest changes have been made with in myself. If you have been a part of this journey than I owe you a thank you for touching my life. By doing so you have helped me to grow and change and have helped me become who I am today.

With that I will say happy belated birthday to me for this is one day late....and an early happy birthday to my son who turns 16 tomorrow! May your journey be as wonderful as mine has been so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment