Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Giant Squid

I remember the first time I read 20,000 Leagues under the sea. The only reason I picked the book was because of the giant squid on the front of the book! I wanted to read about the battle with this horrible monster that was attacking Captain Nemo  and his crew. But, as I read the book I began to understand a certain discord ran through the story. I became less sure if the Squid was really a monster and more uncertain about who the real villain was in the story.

I have come to realize that the battles in life are more about figuring out who is really good and who is really a monster. Often the giant squid is just a side attraction in the battles of life and if we get distracted by the battle with the squid then the world sneaks up and takes us by surprise.

In the end it is best to keep our eyes focused on the prize and let the world fight with itself!

No comments:

Post a Comment