Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Placebo Effect

Today I sat wondering how do any of us know if we are truly happy? Oh I know...you are going to start telling me about how great everything is going and remind me of all the blessings but before you do let me finish....my thought came from thinking about medicines and wondering about those people who are in these studies and are given the placebo instead of the real deal. Some of those people feel better and are even cured by the placebo and go away sure that their life is better because of the medicine the are taking. But are they? If they truly have only taken a placebo than their illness is no better they only believe it is...and if they were later told that the medicine they were taking was only a placebo than would they start to regress and want for the real thing?

Maybe now you see where I am going with this...if not just ha g on because we are almost there...you see many of us say we are happy and we act happy and we act as though our lives are perfect. But what if they are not? What if the life you are living is a placebo? Would you want to know that their was a better life waiting for you? Would you walk away from your placebo to get the real deal?

Unfortunately, I believe that most of our society is doing this today. They look at their happy life and begin to wonder if there is not more. Soon they stop wondering and start looking and actIng. Unfortunately, these people usually find out that they had the good stuff to begin with and find themselves on the outside looking in.

As for me I just have to look at my wife, my son, and two daughters and I know that I have the real thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment